top of page
Hypnosis, utilized therapeutically in the clinical setting, has the power and ability to dramatically change your lifestyle! Hypnosis is an age-old technique that has been used in nearly every culture and religion through out the world. At Sound Mind Counseling, I utilize hypnotherapy due to its efficacy; honoring the time sensitive nature clients have when they need real changes more quickly. Some clients have questions about what the experience of hypnosis entails. While the best way to learn about hypnosis is through experience, some general explanation can begin here:
How can Hypnotherapy help?
- Decreasing, Minimizing & Eliminating Anxiety
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Boost Immune System
- Improved Health
- Improved Sleep Quality
- Lack of Ambition
- Lack of Direction
- Lack of Enthusiasm/ Initiative
- Pain Management
- Perspective shifts
- Increase Relaxation
- Self Awareness
- Self Confidence
- Stop Self Sabotage
- Self Hypnosis
- Sports Performance
- Better Study Habits
- Stopping Smoking
- Weight Loss
" Will I lose any sense of control?"
- No. Hypnosis is utilized to help the client gain greater levels of self control in and out of the hypnotherapy session.
"Is Hypnosis mind control?"
-No. The Hypnotherapist is your personal advocate helping you to develop skills, mechanisms and personally meaningful ways to help you take control of your thoughts; instead of your thoughts taking control of you.
"Will you make me bark like a dog or cluck like a chicken?"
-No. Hypnotherapists cannot make you do anything. While you may have seen stage hypnotists and entertainers engage audience members in these types of behaviors, this is not the style of hypnosis utilized for the therapeutic purposes practiced at Sound Mind Counseling.
"Will I be asleep when I am in hypnosis?"
- No. Hypnosis is a deeply relaxed learning state where clients have increased awareness. Clients have a tendency to allow their mind to drift at times, but they are completely aware of the session and it's content. The hypnosis portion of the session is recorded and provided to the client after the session.
"Can I get stuck in hypnosis?"
- No. Despite what you may have scene in the movies, hypnotherapy is a cooperative type therapy that involves the active & passive participation of the client. All hypnosis is ultimately a form of self hypnosis; with the guidance of a highly skilled & trained therapist.
"Is Hypnosis evil/magic/spiritual?"
- No. Hypnosis, in and of itself, is simply a tool. Tools can be used to build up or to tear down. I can use hypnosis to build up desired & wanted behaviors or we can work to minimize & eliminate unwanted behaviors or life experiences. Hypnosis can be so effective, it can seem like magic! However, when examined scientifically, it is no more magical than blinking, walking, breathing, or thinking. I practice hypnotherapy, and psychotherapy, from a holistic and humanistic perspective. I believe spirituality is an important part of some people's care, if they value spirituality and desire it to be integrated into their care. I desire to meet each client where they are in life and provide the therapy that is best for them & their needs. It is of utmost importance that the client is comfortable with their treatment. It is always encouraged that the client ask any questions or address any concerns during the therapeutic process.
What to expect:
For your first session, be sure to allot at least 2 hours for your first evaluation session. This provides you time to complete the evaluation forms and ample time to fully discuss your expectations and the reasons you are seeking hypnotherapy. For the first session, it is important to be sure to have some nourishment prior to your session and to be void of any drugs or alcohol at least 12 hours prior to session time. This is a special time for you to truly invest in yourself and begin to welcome your desired changes. You will experience hypnosis and immediately begin to reap some of the reliefs, results & benefits of hypnotherapy in this session!
Specialization at Sound Mind Counseling:
I help people eliminate anxieties & behaviors, while working to increase their personal liberty, autonomy & sovereignty to become the healthiest versions of themselves!
I provide relief and results through the power of hypnotherapy with the clinical care of being a Licensed Professional Counselor. I help people decrease, minimize and manage pain, increase and enhance spirituality and help magnify self empowerment with self worth. I am specifically trained and certified in working with pain management, weight loss & stopping smoking, but can utilize hypnosis for a multitude of problems, habits, fears & anxieties that you Need eliminated from your life.
bottom of page